Friday, April 5, 2013

Letter 60: of letters to W.S. Merwin from Purgatorio: Subtitle: A Simple Plan

April 5th/ Av-ril cans en francais

Dear Merwin,

The last time I sat at one of these terminals I walked in with a flash drive and a simple plan, the sort of thing that could and should be easily accomplished in 15 minutes or less.

It never turns out that way.

The plan: Seperate sites for the letters, blogger as a primary title site linking to as well containing many of the titles- but not all.  Thus te content would be spread across various providers who all have their own personl fine print.

The points of constancy would be you, me and string theor(y/ies).  The latter being a term that showed up exactly nowhere..at least not on the searches I conducted but the advent of quantum computers it would be an absolute certanity that one person's search would and could possibly = very different results.

My plan was not to be, just like at home when I'll write something and the cursor will go elsewhere or type something else, as if a backdoor of sorts was installed years ago and at this terminal the same system of back doors may engage  I don't know.

What I do know is I left frustrated and wanting to cry which I sually after doing anything on a computer because someone or a bit of code functioning 'as if' has decided "No you can not do that" or "Do this instead".

It is in this way anything I write is generally rendered somewhere between useless and belonging to someone else.  It has been suggested that I draw or paint instead of writing: I would like to take a a lethally sharpened pencil to each and everyone of them

:)

so no letters.

No online publishing.

"Not Allowed"

Oh and what is "605 Error?"

MCA